Are you interested in developing your skills and building your business ideas? Is there a problem that your business ideas could solve? Or perhaps you have a passion that you’d like to generate an income from? If you’d like to develop your project into something you’ll be able to launch and put to the test, SIGN UP to Build For Change NOW. Registration open until 6th February 2022.
Build For Change is a FREE 8-week programme for young people aged 16-30 who live in the borough of Lambeth. Over the course of 8 weeks, our young entrepreneurs will journey through a series of business-related workshops and content, group coaching sessions, design and content creation sessions, and digital marketing sessions culminating in a pitch event where they will have the opportunity to pitch for up to £1000 to launch their business.
The aim is to support young people to develop their business ideas and marketing skills, increase their social capital by introducing them to a network of like-minded peers and potential mentors as well as boosting their confidence and sense of control over their lives in the midst of a pandemic.
Over the 8 weeks you will:
• LEVEL UP your digital skills
• BUILD your brand
• Boost your CONFIDENCE
• Increase your NETWORKS
• Develop your BUSINESS skills
• You’ll then have a chance to pitch for up to £1000 to help you launch your business.
Structure of the programme
Business-related content and sessions will be delivered every Monday & Wednesday from 6PM until 7:45PM. You must attend both days to get the most value out of these 8 weeks. Everyone registered on the programme will be required to attend both days.
The sessions will be delivered online, so you can join from home. You’ll be able to access our co-working space in Brixton to work on your business idea and to follow the sessions utilizing our laptops and work space.
There is going to be the possibility to attend business coaching sessions throughout the week on a sign-up basis.
Programme Start Date : Monday 7th February 2022, 6PM – 7:45PM
Pitch Event Date: Monday 28th March 2022 (morning and evening slots)
Programme End Date: Thursday 31st March 2022 (Celebration Event)
What to expect after signing up:
Phone call from a member of staff
After you have signed up for the programme via Eventbrite, in the days leading up to the start of the programme, you will receive a phone call from a BLP team member. This will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions or concerns you may have and share any support you’ll need to finish the programme. It’s also an opportunity to find out if the programme is the right fit for you.
An email which has the zoom link and a link to the google drive
Three days before the programme is due to start (Friday 4th February), you will receive an email which will have the zoom link that will be used for ALL the sessions on this programme and a link to a google drive that will have all the resources, documents and information you’ll need for the duration of this programme. On this drive is where we will put EVERYTHING related to the programme. A few days before we’re due to start you will find a welcome letter, an overview of the sessions that will be taking place for the 8 weeks and any important information you’ll need to refer back to whilst you complete the programme on this google drive.
Important Information to note
• All texts and emails in relation to the Build For Change programme will be sent to the contact number and email addresses you’ve provided when you signed up. If you are not receiving emails, it’s very likely that they are in your junk folder so please check your junk email every now and then and add the sender’s email address to your contacts to avoid it going there in the future.
• If you are under the age of 18 and have signed up for this programme, we will require the name of your parent/guardian and a contact number or email address to send over a form for them to sign giving you permission to take part in this programme.
• The Zoom Link for ALL sessions will be sent to you via email by Friday 4th February 2022
• There will be filming & photography during the workshops. This will be used strictly for marketing and promotional purposes only as well as in the impact report to our funder. If you are over 18, by participating in the workshops you grant us permission to capture photo/video of you during the event. If you are under 18 we will ask for parental or guardian consent. We will request permission before using your image on any of our social media channels.